Manila Bulletin: All existing deployment ban in Bahrain has been lifted after political tension in the Middle East country has subsided, the Department of Labor and Employment (DoLE) said.
Labor and Employment Secretary Rosalinda Baldoz explained in a one-page advisory that newly-hired and returning overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) can now go to Bahrain after the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) downgraded the security classification in the Middle East country last week to alert level 1.
DFA has previously raised an alert level 2 for Bahrain after the violent crackdown of the Bahraini government, which resulted to some casualties from the protestors.
“Processing and deployment of overseas Filipino workers to Bahrain is now allowed for new hires and returning workers/vacationing workers or balik-manggagawa,” Secretary Baldoz said.
She made the clarification after the DFA issued an advisory last Saturday that only OFWs with existing contracts in Bahrain could go to the Middle East country, which led to the temporary deferment in the processing of new hires.